Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Day is Here

As we all take steps to prepare for the coming of the Crown Prince of Marxism I want to reflect on the campaign of Sen. John McCain. Despite running one of the worst Presidential Campaigns since Walter Mondale, John McCain still has a glimmer of hope to pull out this election as I type this on election morning.

The Obama-Biden campaign latched onto the mantra that McCain was running for Bush's third term. I don't know about that, but I am pretty sure he was running Bob Dole's second, and less inspired campaign. I would have thought that the GOP would have learned our lesson back in 1996, when we decided that Dole would be the best choice to run against President Clinton.

In a few minutes I will post this text, walk outside climb into my gas-guzzling SUV and drive to my polling place to vote.

My vote will not be for John McCain, it will not be for Barak Obama. Nor will it be for Bob Barr or any of the other minor candidates. I'll vote for the US Constitution. I have a pocket copy of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution here on my desk. I refer to it daily. Aside from the Bible, I respect these documents more than any words that have ever been penned.

Only two of the candidates running for President have a chance of winning. Sen. John McCain or Sen. Barak Obama. One of these men respects the US Constitution at least to some degree while the other has little to no respect for the Constitution. I will vote for the Constitution by casting my ballot for John McCain.

I have also began reading the Federalist Papers, and I find the words and letters of our framers priceless, and I know they'll become even more important in the coming years.

I believe that we are going to go through a dark period in our nation for conservative freedoms. I have recently (legally) purchased a number of new firearms. I don't know that it will be allowed for all that much longer. I spend a day with my accountant in an effort to Obama Proof my small business. I don't live in a large city so I won't have to worry about the riots that are sure to take place in the next 48-72 hrs but I do have a large stock of food just in case.

Tough times are coming, even if McCain wins civil unrest will run rampant and accusations of stolen elections and riots are sure to come.

Today is a great and sad day for our nation. It's the wake-up call we need, I just pray it's not too late.

No comments: